Hospitality for over 100 years.

The place in which the Posthotel is located today has a colorful history. The name of the hotel still hints at its origin: At this place in 1873, the imperial post office gained a new official building.

After the post office moved to another building in 1910, the house was purchased by the Catholic Journeymen’s Union. The union refurbished the house and it was run as a Kolpinghaus from 1912 to 1982, offering accommodation to journeymen and serving as a meeting place. Even today, strong ties to the Kolping family exist through associations with various societies and unions.

During World War II, the house served as a military hospital until it was completely destroyed during the attack on the city of Düren. The union rebuilt the house, and it was inaugurated in 1953. As the era of the journeymen came to a close, the house was converted to a hotel in 1982. The Schnitzler family, who are now running the hotel in the second generation, became the hotel’s owners in 1988.

Das gemütliche Poststübchen
Türdetails im Eingangsbereich
Außenansicht des Posthotels